AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit on the Web! www.northshore.edu
POSITION OPENING: Full-time Faculty, Associate Degree Occupational Therapy Assistant
Division of Health Professions and Human Services
MCCC/MTA Unit Position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This position is a full-time, tenure track faculty position in the Occupational Therapy Assistant program inclusive of traditional and accelerated options of study. This faculty member teaches classroom lectures and labs inclusive of theory and clinical skills pertinent to occupational therapy practice and works collaboratively with faculty/staff both within and outside the OTA Program for effective intra and inter-professional education.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teaches classroom lectures and labs inclusive of theory and clinical skills pertinent to occupational therapy practice in a combination of clinical areas, including but not limited to physical rehabilitation.
2. Facilitates the application of theory to practice, motivates and stimulates independent and collaborative learning, uses and demonstrates current technical advances within occupational therapy education and practice, and works collaboratively with faculty/staff both within and outside the OTA Program for effective intra and inter-professional education.
3. Assists in the development of the OTA curriculum, course content, and selection of textbooks, resources and lab equipment to facilitate student learning outcomes.
4. Takes an active interest in and incorporates team teaching, educational technology, simulation, service learning, and fieldwork initiatives into the teaching-learning process.
5. Demonstrates an ability to teach and motivate in ways that are appropriate to the diverse backgrounds, cultures, and learning styles of the community college student.
6. Participates in OTA program accreditation, strategic planning, program evaluation, evaluation of students, student advising, OTA program meetings, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participates in ongoing professional development activities that align with program goals and individual professional development objectives.
8. Maintains current license as an occupational therapy assistant in the state of Massachusetts.
9. Serves as a professional role model by demonstrating professional standards of behavior and maintaining membership and involvement in professional associations including AOTA and MAOT.
10. Performs other duties as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.
· Associate degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant with a minimum of a bachelor degree in a related field, master degree preferred.
SALARY: Anticipated salary range is $47,000 - $57,000 per year plus fringe benefits. Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience in accordance with the MCCC/MTA collective bargaining agreement.
· A minimum of four years of direct care experience as an occupational therapy assistant, with recent practice in clinical settings.
· Certified by NBCOT as an occupational therapy assistant (COTA).
· Current MA license in good standing as an occupational therapy assistant.
· Previous teaching experience [academic, clinical, fieldwork, professional presentations, etc.] required, community college teaching experience strongly preferred.
· Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations.
· Knowledge and experience with computer technology.
· Experience teaching online/hybrid and/or embedding the use of technology into the curriculum preferred.
· Member of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and the Massachusetts Association for Occupational Therapy (MAOT) preferred.
· Candidates will be required to pass a CORI/SORI and/or a National background check as a condition of employment.
· Candidate may be required to clear a 9-10 panel urine drug screen per clinical placement policy as a condition of employment.
STARTING DATE: September 1, 2019
Filling of position is subject to budget availability for FY 2020.
APPLY TO: http://nscc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=108127
Submit resume and cover letter, a copy of your current MA Occupational Therapy Assistant license, and certification by the NBCOT as an Occupational Therapy Assistant no later than April 15, 2019.
Applicants selected for an interview will need to provide unofficial transcripts or foreign degree evaluations and the name, address, email and telephone number of at least three current professional references to Human Resources before the interview takes place.
GENERAL STATEMENT: North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Lori Vinci Karen Hynick
Dean of Health Professions Vice-President for Academic Affairs