Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Rockland, MA
As an Occupational Therapist, you will evaluate and summarize an individual's condition and history into a formal Occupational Therapy Assessment. Working in a day program for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, you will develop treatment plans for each individual and for group therapy and train direct care staff on specific OT techniques around individual goals and group treatment. In this role you will encourage independence in activities of daily living for the individuals Vinfen serves and introduces and trains on the use of assistive devices, advocates for the special needs for each individual we serve, and follows regulations established by the MassHealth.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Must be a registered member of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and must be currently licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Allied health Professions.
- At least 1 year experience in a training program for people with developmental disabilities.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check
Schedule: 4 hours per week or 8 hours every 2 weeks. Day Programs operate Monday - Friday 8 am to 4 pm
Salary details: $45 per hour; $500 Sign on Bonus
How to apply: Please complete an online application through this link: Apply now or send your resume to email@example.com.
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.