Location: EAST LONGMEADOW, MA Category: Faculty Posted On: Fri Apr 6 2018
Job Type: FT, 9-Mos Faculty
Position Location: OnGround E. Longmeadow Campus
This is a full time, 9-month, faculty position within the on-ground Master of Occupational Therapy Program. The faculty member will teach a minimum of 12 credits each semester with course assignment based on practice knowledge, demonstrate the ability to creatively engage students in didactic and experiential learning opportunities, and collaborate with team members to implement, modify, and regularly review department curriculum. Faculty responsibility also includes student advising, participating in departmental meetings, committee assignment, and University functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach a minimum of 12 credits each semester. Most courses will be at the graduate level though undergraduate courses might be required in areas depending upon candidate experience and departmental needs.
- Participate in departmental and institutional meetings, committees, and functions as necessary and appropriate.
- Advise students in academic, fieldwork, and professional issues.
- Participate in the admissions process, which may include Open Houses, communicating with prospective and/or accepted students, application review, and interviewing students as requested.
- Work collaboratively with the OT Program Director and other faculty for program assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Participate in program and curriculum development.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director and other faculty to ensure program meets accreditation standards.
- Engage in a process of formative and summative course evaluation to enhance the student learning experience.
- Engage in appropriate and relevant professional development.
- Maintain applicable professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attendance at student events.
- Attend faculty and other University meetings (e.g. Faculty Assembly).
- Attend all major University events (e.g. Commencement, Convocation).
- Adhere to HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- Attend trainings as required.
An earned doctoral degree in a relevant field is preferred (Education EdD, Occupational Therapy OTD, or PhD)
- Evidence of engagement in scholarly work.
- Eligible for applicable professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, staff, and administration.
- Ability to use the University's resources, notably technology, to promote effective teaching and learning.
- Interest, initiative, and ability to work with the Program Director, department faculty, and administrators for program development, implementation, and outcomes assessment.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- An ability to be passionate about Bay Path University's history, mission, and hallmark strengths.
- Valid driver's license.
- Most successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I).
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- and tobacco-free community as of July 1, 2018.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8jxbmj6xtvyk7xqc