Springfield College invites applications for a 9-month faculty position in the Occupational Therapy Department, beginning September 2017. The OT program has been accredited by ACOTE since 1991, and has 8 full-time faculty. The Department offers a five-year combined baccalaureate and master's program and an entry-level master's degree program. The mission of the Occupational Therapy Department is to prepare professionals for leadership in the use of human occupation to promote people's participation in meaningful life roles and activities. The program blends classroom and experiential learning consistent with the College's renowned commitment to service learning.
The primary responsibilities for this position including teaching and advising, participating in scholarly endeavor, and providing service within the College and the community.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership skills, with an earned doctoral degree, initial certification as an occupational therapist, and eligibility for licensure as an occupational therapist in Massachusetts.
- Teaching experience in higher education, administrative/supervisory experience in healthcare or human service settings, ability to work collaboratively, use of technology for teaching and administration, and post-professional education are preferred.
- Applicants with expertise and interest in support of the college's commitment to a diverse campus are of particular interest.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, and an earned doctoral degree.
- Professional background in pediatric practice is preferred.
To apply, send a letter of intent, current curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and if available, email addresses of three professional references to:
Julia Chevan, PT, PhD
Interim Dean, School of Health Sciences and Rehabilitation Studies
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109-3797
Application reviews will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
About Springfield College:
Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution serving more than 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Its mission – the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others – reflects its distinctive Humanics philosophy. For more information, please visit the College's homepage at www.springfield.edu.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.
Apply Here: http://mind2.springfield.edu/web/hrjobs.nsf/0/1B28090903621993852580DC005412FF