The Occupational Therapy Department at Worcester State University invites applications for two tenure-track positions (9-month academic year) in an accredited Bachelor of Science in Occupational Studies/Master of Occupational Therapy Program beginning September 2022. Additional teaching may be available during the summer semesters.
Both of these positions include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, advising, research, scholarship and ongoing involvement in Department and University committees. Interprofessional classroom experiences and research projects with other academic departments are highly encouraged.
· a research-related terminal degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., Sc.D.), conferred by September 1, 2022;
· certification by NBCOT;
· at least 5 years of clinical experience as an occupational therapist; and
· be eligible for licensure as an OTR in Massachusetts.
· One position requires demonstration of clinical expertise and teaching in mental health in various contexts and across the lifespan; and
· the other position requires demonstration of clinical expertise and teaching with a focus on older adults in various contexts
Previous teaching experience in higher education is preferred.
Worcester State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. Members of historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary and rank commensurate with education and experience.
All applicants must apply online through Interview Exchange: https://worcester.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=132440
Please submit a cover letter, C.V., and the contact information for 3 professional references who will submit a letter of reference on your behalf. Licensure and degree requirements will be verified upon hire. Certifications, licensures, and degrees should be documented in the C.V.
Review of applications will begin in Fall 2021 and continue until the position is filled.