Faculty – Site Coordinator
The School of Occupational Therapy seeks a full-time faculty member to work with the Program Director School of Occupational Therapy to maintain educational programming and coordination of programming between the Manchester and Worcester Master of Occupational Therapy programs. The position is on campus at the Worcester MCPHS University location. This position will assist the Program Director in developing the program, space, and faculty/staffing for a program start date of August 2021.The Faculty – Site Coordinator is responsible for assuring all ACOTE standards and outcomes are tracked and achieved. The Site Coordinator, in conjunction with the Advanced Fieldwork Coordinator, assumes responsibility of the School of Occupational Therapy when the Program Director is off site. Rank will be commensurate with education and experience.
The School of Occupational Therapy graduates excel in clinical, assessment and research skills. The curriculum focuses on student mentoring, active and engaged learning and links dyadic education to Level I and II Fieldwork experiences. The program has 4 on-campus dyadic semesters, two fieldwork semesters and immerses students in community learning and program development. The faculty are active scholars who excel in active and engaged learning teaching strategies and development. Program outcomes are strong and student satisfaction with the program is high.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Worcester Campus program when the Program Director is on the Manchester campus or off site
- In conjunction with the Program Director, coordinates with Admission and Marketing on student enrollment to ensure departmental growth and financial health
- Instructs courses in area of expertise assigned by Program Director each semester
- Assists with the review and evaluation of teaching of faculty assigned to the Worcester campus program
- Assists in maintaining accreditation status of the School of Occupational Therapy through timely submission of required ACOTE documents and onsite review processes (transfer of program sponsorship, notification of adverse accreditation action, significant program changes, and changes in program director position)
- Assists with all faculty and staff hires for the Worcester campus program
- Ensures appropriate space/classrooms for both lecture and lab instruction and coordination of faculty teaching loads each semester (which includes faculty vacation and leave)
- Assists with hiring, contracting, training and coordination of adjunct faculty
- Assumes responsibility of School of Occupational Therapy in absence of Program Director
- Assists with curriculum development to meet student learning outcomes and needs of the occupational therapy profession
- Attends and assists with Faculty Meetings, Curriculum Meetings and Habits of Teaching Meetings
- Active on university level committees as assigned by Program Director
- Assists Program Director with budget proposals and maintaining budget and financial health of the School of Occupational Therapy
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications to practice occupational therapy in the State of Massachusetts
- Assists the Program Director in maintaining departmental outcomes and reports required by NECHE and MCPHS University
- Doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy or related field from an accredited institution (master degree will be considered if currently enrolled in a doctoral program)
- Must hold a current license in occupational therapy in the state of Massachusetts and an initial certification through NBCOT
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as an occupational therapist
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience including but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personal management, evaluation and budgeting, and scholarship experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience at the college level
- Commitment to undergraduate education and student success
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and entrepreneurial experience
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty, administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including healthcare industry executives)
- Record of scholarly activities commensurate with an academic appointment
- Evidence of teaching excellence
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical and dental insurance, generous time off benefits, and a significant pension plan contribution. To learn more about our total rewards, please visit MCPHS Total Rewards.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please click here.
To apply, please visit our careers page here. Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.